Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'M BACK BABY!!!


I’m back on the attack, and running up a storm. That’s right I’m running. Last year’s weight loss sputtered out almost as fast as this blog did but I’m getting back on the horse. I’ve been counting my calories and doing occasional biking since February and have loss about 7 pounds, but I kind of hit a brick wall and the weight started creeping back (dang you Hardees and your Thickburger Thursdays); enter my beautiful wife. She texted me last week and wrote “hey I’m going to start running you should run with me.” RUN? Is she nuts, I hate running. People who run just to run have a Forest Gump complex “I just felt like running-G”.  Although…there would be someone else to keep me exercising, I would be spending time with my smoking hot wife, and I could buy cool running stuff, so I said I would and here I am. We started a program called Couch to 10k and so far I’ve run twice. It starts off slow, 5 minutes quick paced walking and 30 seconds running in intervals for 50 minutes. Every week it increases your run time so that by the end of 13 weeks I should be able to run a 10k; we’ll see about that. So to all you Not-so-Fatso fans; I’m back with what should prove to be some interesting blogs about my adventures in running.

Weight: 283 lbs

OH and If I get 100 people to follow my blog at the end of 13 weeks I’ll run a 5k race so tell your friends about me the Not-so-Fatso. 

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, Son-in-Life! I wish you the best and the stick-to-it-tiveness to keep you on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run the race anyways! You won't regret it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jason, Go Jason....you can do it you can do it!!

    Besides you want to be around for a long time to enjoy your lovely wife and amazing kids......start now and you'll reap benefits for years!

    hugs and prayers,

    The Stai's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Jason! Keep positive and set your goals at a level you can feel good about reaching, as well as attain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been using that same app. It's been great for me. Let me know how it works. I have my first run of the season May 06th.

    ReplyDelete