Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make it Stop


Ahhhhhhhhhh! Please make it stop. I don’t want to do it anymore. It hurts, it burns, I’m so sore. I think I kind of know what Adam felt like when he said to God “The woman you put here with me—she gave me the fruit “; well the woman God gave me tricked me into this with her beauty and guile, with promises of fun and feeling good about myself, but she never mentioned the PAIN. Ok, so I’m a big baby.

I was beginning to think there was nothing to this running thing, but everything changed when we went from 30 seconds of running/5 minutes of walking to 60 seconds of running and 4 minutes of walking. You would have thought I had gone from crawling to a triathlon the way it was kicking the crap out of me. Although it might have had something to do with the fact that I tried to do it after softball practice and after softball practice cool-down at culvers; and after a practice, mind you, that I forgot to stretch before. Thank goodness for the severe thunderstorms and tornado watches that cut our run on Sunday short. But after Monday off with my friends Ibuprofen, Keats, and a Literature 216 test, I was ready to face the challenge of the 60/240. Although I almost died I have completed another step on the couch to 10k and am ready for next time.

What seemed to help this time was stretching before and after the run but tomorrow will be a better judge of this strategy. 

1 comment: